Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Paint Pony #51



 

Last fall I started my somewhat daily paintings with horses.  I counted up to the high 40s, then sort of lost my way with dogs and cats and commissions and gifts, and stopped numbering them, even though I'm sure I was well over 50.  So I get this free Monday holiday with just housework to do, so how could I resist?  I'm calling this new album on my Facebook page 'Reboot' to remind me that sometime you need a rest before the next phase can begin.
This is a watercolor from an image I found on Morguefile.  I had already painted a large acrylic painting from it, but I just love this pose and the light on this horse so much, that I had to try to do a watercolor from it. 
It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours on Monday.

Paint Pony #51
10"x8"
Watercolor on 140# Fabriano paper

No comments:

Post a Comment