Saturday, January 28, 2012

Meesey, Siamese-y

I mentioned in my last post that I had never 'rescued' a cat.  Until now.  The calico that I painted was from the photo of a cat while she was in Animal Control in Gaston County, NC.  Those nice ladies I mentioned  have now rescued her, and transported her from NC to south Alabama, where I live.  But I have barely seen her, as she is currently hiding behind the freezer.
The lady that transported her has several Siamese cats of her own.  I found an appealing photo from her collection and cropped it to paint.  When she saw it, she said she was in tears, as it was her favorite kitty.  I was able to give it to her when she delivered my new kitty today after driving over six hours to get her here!

Meesey, If you please...
6"x6"
Acrylic on canvas panel

No comments:

Post a Comment